Thursday, September 13, 2012

What is it that we miss?

I love autumn particularly because it is quiet. Particularly those days when the sky is clean from clouds; the morning air is crisp and fresh, and forces you into a brisk pace. The leaves crunchy under your feet. The trees dressed in a brilliance of flame coloured leaves. The sun still warm. The evening tepid, and the wind soft as it caresses your face, and whisks away the fallen leaves. I love walking home on days like this, because I see the sunset, because the day feels tired and lazy and feels happy to have ended. Because in the blue-yellow sky I see Venus and the crescent moon, and feel romantic and eternal...

...and sometimes I remember people who are so dear to me, but with whom I can never create new memories. I miss them. I miss their voice, their hugs and warmth. Their thoughts. Sometimes this makes me think that I am a very selfish person. I miss them because I gained so much from them. Being with them made me happy, and doing things for them made me happy. Sharing my life with them made me happy, and playing a part in theirs.

Recently a dear friend passed away, and I am sad.

Now you can no longer change me, and I can no longer affect you. But I won't forget that you made me a better person and how grateful I am that you cared. I will keep you with me.

"I will always miss you."

No comments: